Faculty Travel Grant
The Division of Outreach and Continuing Education and the Office of Online Design and eLearning are pleased to announce multiple grants to support UM faculty travel to professional conferences, meetings or workshops focused on distance, online, blended or hybrid education or instructional strategies.To encourage the exploration of distance, online, blended or hybrid education and instructional strategies at the University of Mississippi, the Division will award up to $1,500 for travel expenses to meetings.
Full-time faculty members or instructors are eligible to apply for the grant.
Preference will be given to:
- Applicants who will be presenting the results of research and/or scholarship at the conference they are seeking to attend
- Those unable to attend the event without support
The application deadline is no later than four weeks before the date of departure. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible as funding is limited.
Applications for funding are reviewed by a committee selected by the Division of Outreach and Continuing Education. The selection process is very competitive. The committee may elect to fund an application partially.
Terms of Award
- The award will not exceed $1,500.
- Each applicant may receive only one award for one trip per year.
- Funding is subject to the applicable University travel policies.
- Funding may be used only for a single conference.
Declining / Return of an Award
Please inform the Division of Outreach and Continuing Education if you decide to decline or return the award so that other travel awards may be funded.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Mary Lea Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org, 662-915-7089.
Examples of Eligible Conferences
- American Educational Research Association
- Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning – University of Wisconsin-Madison
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) Annual Conference
- Blended Learning Conference and Workshop – Online Learning Consortium (Formerly The Sloan Consortium)
- International Symposium for Emerging Technologies for Online Learning – Online Learning Consortium (Formerly The Sloan Consortium)
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology International Convention
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative Annual Meeting
- Creating Futures Through Technology Conference