WOW! – Wow the Online World Grant
The Division of Outreach and Continuing Education and the Office of Online Design and eLearning are pleased to announce the Wow the Online World Grant. This is a highly competitive grant for online instructors. The grant is designed to help online instructors add some wow to their online course with innovative new content.
Application for the Summer 2017 WOW! Grant has been closed.
In order to encourage the exploration of online learning ideas at the University of Mississippi, Online Design & eLearning will award two WOW! Grants for summer 2017. The WOW! Grant is to allow the instructor the time and resources to integrate new or advanced teaching techniques into their existing online course. Online Design & eLearning will also provide resources to help with the design and implementation of the new initiatives of the instructors. The WOW! Grant is designed to help create an online course that is more cutting edge in either its teaching techniques, or in its use of technology. The resultant course should create an exceptional online experience for learners.
Full-time faculty and instructors teaching online courses are eligible to apply for the grant. The online course being modified for this grant must have been taught at least twice.
Applicant must complete the online application and attach the following documents:
- A narrative answering each question below in greater details:
- What do you want to change in your course?
- Why does it qualify for the WOW! grant?
- What are the intended learning outcomes from your proposed changes?
- How will you measure the success of the learning outcomes?
- What partnerships or resources do you think you may need to accomplish your changes?
- A letter of support and approval from your department chair.
- A written approval from your academic dean.
Application Deadline: January 29, 2017 at 11:59 PM
Grants Recipients Announcement: February 13, 2017
What you can do with the WOW Grant
The WOW! Grant can be used to add new technology to your course in things like interactivity, animations, advanced video, or any number of things. The Wow Grant could also be used to integrate new teaching techniques into a course.
Terms of Award
- Grant amount is equal to the pay for teaching one Summer School course.
- Additional funds may be made available for purchase or implementation of technology needed in approved applications.
- Awardees agree to allow their innovations to be presented for academic awards, academic writings, and/or to be used as a topic of discussion at conferences.
Declining / Return of an Award
Please inform the Division of Outreach and Continuing Education if you decide to decline or return the award.
For questions and concerns about the WOW! Grant, please send an email to email@example.com.