We are committed to providing quality online teaching and learning opportunities at the University of Mississippi.
Online Design & eLearning office is a part of larger Ole Miss Online offices that include Summer, Winter, and Online Sessions and Distance Education Testing Lab. All of our offices provide administrative support to online and hybrid instructors.
Online Design & eLearning (ODeL)
Online Design & eLearning provides faculty training, workshops, and other professional development opportunities to Ole Miss instructors.
Online, Summer, and Winter Sessions (OSW)
The Office of Online, Summer, and Winter Sessions (OSW) provides administrative support relating to course offerings and student enrollment.
Distance Education Testing Lab (DETL)
Distance Education Testing Lab provides proctored assessment environment for Ole Miss Online, iStudy, Independent Study High School, and other institutions.
Our Goal is to:
- Partner with academic departments to identify and develop comprehensive distance education programs and to increase course offerings,
- Empower Ole Miss colleagues to create quality online courses and continually enhance online courses through faculty development that fosters personal and professional growth,
- Utilize technologies as tools to enhance academic instruction and connect people within the university community,
- Increase awareness of online learning to the Ole Miss community, and
- Provide high quality support services for faculty and students.
- Southern Association of College and Schools (SACS)
- University Professional & Continuing Education Association (UPCEA)
- Association of Continuing Higher Education (ACHE)
- Advisory Council on Distance Learning and Academic Outreach (ACDLAO)
- Southern Regional Education Board (SREB)
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC) – formerly Sloan-C
- Association for Educational Communication & Technology (AECT)
- Educause Learning Initiative (ELI)
- National College Testing Association (NCTA)
- Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC)
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET)