In Fall 2013 we released a newly designed, basic Blackboard Course Template for new and existing online instructors at the University of Mississippi. We have an updated Course Template available for download which includes an updated “Lessons” section with more options on organizing course content. Below is a sneak-peek at the various options. Click on the image for a closer look.
Option 1 – Topics Listed in a Folder
This option uses Blackboard’s “Folder” structure to hold the module/lesson content. The topics are listed within the main folder, each with its own page or sub-folder.
Option 2 – Topics Listed on a Single Screen
Like the previous option, this option uses Blackboards “Folder” structure to hold the module / lesson content. The topics for the module / lesson are all available on a single scrolling interface instead of in separate pages.
Option 3 – Pages with Table of Contents
This option uses Blackboard’s “Module” structure to hold the module/lesson content. The topics are listed each with its own sub-container/page within the module. This results in a table-of-contents (TOC) in the center of the page. Students can navigate via the TOC or by using forward / back arrows.
Using the Updated Template
Download the template here. Make sure to apply the template to an empty course shell to avoid losing your content or duplicating items.
After downloading the template follow these steps to apply the template to an empty course shell:
- Go to your empty course shell or a newly enabled course in Blackboard.
- Delete all left navigation menu items.
- Under Control Panel, expand Packages and Utilities.
- Select Import Package / View Logs and then click on Import Package.
- Browse your computer and select the downloaded template (zip) file.
- Under Select Course Materials, push Select All and then Submit.
- Allow a few minutes for the process to complete (you will get an email).