Online Faculty Travel Grants: Conference Travel
The Division of Outreach and Continuing Education and the Office of Academic Outreach are pleased to announce multiple grants to support University of Mississippi online faculty travel to professional conferences, meetings or workshops that are focused on distance, online, blended or hybrid education or instructional strategies. To encourage the exploration of distance, online, blended or hybrid education and instructional strategies at the University of Mississippi, the Division will award up to $1,500 for travel expenses to a professional conference, meeting or workshop.
All online faculty (must have taught an online course within the last academic year) at the University of Mississippi are eligible to apply for a grant to travel to a professional conference, meeting or workshop focused on distance, online, blended or hybrid education or instructional strategies (see below for examples of eligible conferences).
- Full-time faculty teaching an online course
- Full-time online only faculty
- Part-time online faculty
Preference will be given to applicants presenting the results of research and/or scholarship at the conference they are seeking to attend.
Applications for conference travel must be received no later than four weeks before the date of departure. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible as funding is limited.
Applications for funding are reviewed by a committee selected by the Division of Outreach and Continuing Education. The selection process is very competitive. The committee may elect to fund an application partially.
Terms of Award
- The award will not exceed $1,500.
- Each applicant may receive only one award for one conference trip per fiscal year.
- Funding is subject to applicable University travel policies.
- Departments agree to cover travel costs for grant recipients.
- Departments will be reimbursed for travel costs upon completion of travel and reimbursement of expenses (see Policy for Online Faculty Travel Grant Reimbursement).
Declining/Return of an Award
Please inform the Division of Outreach and Continuing Education if you decide to decline or return the award, or if you are unable to attend the conference, so that other travel awards may be funded.
Failure to communicate with Academic Outreach the declining or returning of a travel grant will result in ineligibility in future Academic Outreach grant opportunities.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Mary Lea Moore, email@example.com, 662-915-7089.
Examples of Eligible Conferences
- American Educational Research Association
- Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning – University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology International Convention
- Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE) E-Learn Conference
- Creating Futures Through Technology Conference
- OLC Innovate: Education Reimagined – Online Learning Consortium
- OLC Accelerate: Accelerating Online Learning Worldwide – Online Learning Consortium
- EDUCAUSE Annual Conference
- EDUCAUSE ELI Annual Meeting
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) Annual Meeting
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET) Summit