Online Faculty Virtual Conference Grants
The Division of Outreach and Continuing Education and the Office of Academic Outreach are pleased to announce multiple grants to support University of Mississippi online faculty attendance of virtual professional conferences, meetings or workshops focused on distance, online, blended or hybrid education, or online instructional strategies. To encourage the exploration and expansion of these instructional strategies at the University of Mississippi, the Division will award up to $500 for virtual attendance registration costs to a professional conference, meeting or workshop.
Due to the current environment of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of Academic Outreach will only consider virtual conference, meeting or workshop attendance applications.
All online faculty who have taught at least one web-based course at the University of Mississippi are eligible to apply for a grant to travel to a professional conference, meeting or workshop focused on distance, online, blended or hybrid education, or online instructional strategies.
- Full-time faculty teaching an online course
- Full-time online only faculty
- Part-time online faculty
Applications for virtual conference attendance must be received no later than two weeks before the conference. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible as funding is limited.
Applications for funding are reviewed by a committee selected by the Division of Outreach and Continuing Education. The selection process is very competitive. The committee may elect to fund an application partially.
Terms of Award
- The award will not exceed $500.
- Each applicant may receive only one award for one virtual conference per fiscal year.
- Funding is subject to applicable University policies.
- Departments agree to cover registration costs for grant recipients.
- Departments will be reimbursed for registration costs upon completion of the virtual conference (following the same guidelines as our Policy for Online Faculty Travel Grant Reimbursement).
Declining/Return of an Award
Please inform the Division of Outreach and Continuing Education if you decide to decline or return the award, or if you are unable to attend the virtual conference, so that other awards may be funded.
Failure to communicate with Academic Outreach the declining or returning of a grant will result in ineligibility in future Academic Outreach grant opportunities.
Please direct any questions or concerns to Mary Lea Moore at email@example.com.