IT Helpdesk / Blackboard Support for Students
Technical support for Blackboard, UM Gmail, university network, and other computer problems
Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Location: Weir Hall, Ground Floor
Phone: (662) 915-5222
Student Disability Services
Students with disabilities who believe they may benefit from classroom or other accommodations are advised to contact the Office of Student Disability Services.
Location: 234 Martindale Hall
Phone: (662) 915-7128
TTY Phone: (662) 915-7907
UM Online Testing
Information on how to schedule a proctored exam and testing policy from Linda Chitwood Testing Center
UM Writing Centers
Take advantage of free consultation services to improve your skills and confidence.
“Are You Ready?” Online Student Readiness Survey
Take the Student Readiness Survey and gain access to valuable resources.
Distance & Online Learning Services for UM Students
Explore library services available to you and how to get in touch with the Distance Learning Librarian.
Ask a Librarian
Communicate with a librarian via your preferred method, including chat, email, and phone.
Library Tools and Gadgets
Interesting extensions and widgets to enhance your library experience
Research Help and Resources
- Online Research Guides: The guides are divided into subject guide, archives subject guide, course guide, and topic guide
- Help with Library Resources: Learn how to use UM Library resources
- RefWorks: Manage your bibliography and citation with this web-based tool
Search Tools and Databases
- Electronic Resources Overview: Get access to electronic resources quickly from wherever you are
- Catalog: Search the library catalog
- One Search: Search all databases
- Alphabetical List of Databases: List of databases and direct access if available electronically
- eJournals Portal: Search for electronic journals by title, ISSN, DOI or PubMed ID; browse titles alphabetically or by subject
- Using eBooks: Access thousands of eBooks
Plagiarism and Academic Dishonesty
- Research Help Tutorial: Plagiarism and Academic Honesty: This tutorial from UM Libraries will help you understand what is expected of you at the University of Mississippi in terms of academic honesty and plagiarism. You will learn what plagiarism is along with ways to avoid it. You will also learn about the consequences of plagiarism, cheating, and other forms of academic dishonesty at the University.
Additional Support Services
Academic Support Center
Advising services – Call (662) 915-5970 or email email@example.com
Office of the Registrar
Find course schedule information, Academic Calendar, Final Exam Schedule, and request a transcript
Call (662) 915-7792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of the Bursar
Call 1-800-891-4596 or email email@example.com
Office of Financial Aid
Call 1-800-891-4596 for Financial Services Helpline
Counseling and therapy for individuals and groups – Call (662) 915-3784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Career Center’s website contains information on upcoming events like career fairs and networking opportunities that may be of interest.
UM Regional Campuses
Related UM Policies
University of Mississippi M Book
The M Book contains many of the University’s values and standards, including academic policies and student conducts. Every student should be familiar with the content of the M Book to understand their rights and responsibilities.
Disability Access and Inclusion
Link to the Syllabus Statement from Student Disability Services to be included in your course syllabus.
IT Appropriate Use
This policy sets forth the privileges of and restrictions on students, faculty, staff, and other users with respect to the computing and telecommunications systems offered by the University of Mississippi (UM).
Proctored Assessment in Online Education
This is a set of guidelines for proctoring examinations in online courses.
Attendance Policy for Online Education
This policy gives guidelines for establishing and monitoring active participation by students in online courses.
Student Info & Privacy in Online Education
This set of guidelines is to ensure that UM operates in compliance with Higher Education Opportunity Act provisions concerning verification of student identity and the student’s right to privacy in online and distance learning courses.